This practice is devoted to making sure women with medical complications have safe and healthy pregnancies. Working alongside your obstetrician, midwife or general practitioner, Dr Lowe will oversee a management plan to make sure you are in the best position possible to have a successful pregnancy.
If you already have your own specialist for a pre-existing condition, Dr Lowe will liaise with him or her and ensure continuity of your care during pregnancy. Your usual specialist can resume care after the pregnancy.
is a Conjoint Associate Professor with the School of Women’s & Children’s Health, and a Visiting Obstetric Physician at the Royal Hospital for Women in Randwick and the Prince of Wales Private Hospital.
Dr Lowe is a general physician (internist) who specialises in Medical Disorders of Pregnancy including complications such as pre-eclampsia, and diabetes as well as managing pre-existing medical problems during pregnancy such as heart disease, thyroid disease and epilepsy. She has more than 25 years’ experience as a specialist helping women with problems ranging from excessive nausea and vomiting in pregnancy (hyperemesis gravidarum) to major complications such as liver and neurological disease. She is the President of the International Society of Obstetric Medicine and the Founding Co-Editor of the medical journal Obstetric Medicine.
Qualifications and Awards:
- Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
- Graduated from the University of NSW with Honours
- Completed physicians training at the Prince of Wales and Prince Henry Hospitals
- Completed a postgraduate Doctorate of Medicine and did further research and training at Nottingham University and Queens Medical Centre in England.
- Published widely over a broad range of topic areas in obstetric medicine and is the lead author for the Australian and New Zealand Guideline on the Management of Hypertensive Disorders in Pregnancy.
- Lectured extensively within Australia and internationally and has a special interest in the education of doctors, nurses, midwives and students in this important area of medicine.
- Conjoint Associate Professor with the School of Women’s & Children’s Health, UNSW
- Visiting Obstetric Physician at the Royal Hospital for Women and Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Randwick
- President, International Society of Obstetric Medicine (ISOM).
- Founding co-editor of the international medical journal “Obstetric Medicine: The Medicine of Pregnancy.”
A/Prof Lowe is on the staff at:
- Royal Hospital for Women, Randwick
- Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Randwick
Even if you’re planning to have your baby at a different hospital, in many cases it is possible for Dr Lowe to take care of you as an outpatient through her Randwick rooms. This can include setting up a management plan for your own doctors to assist them in your care.
Rachel Hoskins is available to assist you with all appointments and enquiries about your visit. Please feel free to phone or email for any enquiries.
Monday to Thursday 8am-4pm
Rachel Hoskins is available Monday to Thursday 8am-4.30pm to assist with all enquiries.
Please phone or email if you have any questions however appointments are only available by phone.
Email: Rachel Hoskins